McGulpins Point Lighthouse - Mackinaw City, Michigan
McGulpin's Point Light (1869) is 2 miles west of Old Mackinac Point Light near the Mackinaw City village limit. Deactivated in 1906, until the fall of 2008, the lighthouse was a private residence and the property was not open to the public. Only a partial view of the McGulpin's Point light was available from the road, and due to trees, the McGulpin's Point lighthouse was not visible from the Straits of Mackinac
These photos were taken while the lighthouse was still a private residence. To see the new McGulpin Point Lighthouse Museum, visit www.mightymac.org/mcgulpinspointlight.htm.
Point Lighthouse Museum
Lighthouses of the Straits of Mackinac Mighty Mac Home
Copyright 2005-2017 by Keith Stokes